“As you walk to the boundary of your understanding into the twilight of uncertainty, exercising faith, you will be led to find solutions you would not obtain otherwise.” Elder Richard G. Scott.

Friday, January 17, 2014

Today

Not quite 2 minutes ago I was sitting here at my computer googling (Thank heavens for Google!!!) something to help me explain something to L for school. I will freely admit that I am learning as much as he is in school this year. 

After I am done what I needed to do, L comes up behind me, gives me a hug and says "I bet you needed that."

Oh my goodness. I think more than L needing to be homeschooled this year, I needed him to be homeschooled this year. Our relationship has not always been an easy one. He struggles with the fact that my responsibility is to be a parent first and not his friend. This year I have seen him grow into understanding what my responsibility is and respecting my responsibility. He sure is growing up into a fine young man. He is simply wonderful to be around. Now, if I could convince him to not scare me every time I turn around that would be lovely.

No comments: